With your purchase you receive the 3D building model as DAE, 3DS, C4D and SKP for immediate download. (see details)
Sea Life Aquarium Oberhausen is the largest Sea Life Aquarium in Germany. It is located in CentrO in Oberhausen Neue Mitte. There are 10 Sea Life Aquariums in Germany and 26 in Europe. In Oberhausen there is a 12 metre long Perspex tunnel under which visitors can walk and observe the fish. The Aquarium is modelled on the river Rhine, from its source to the sea – although the Aquarium’s tanks, which hold a total of 1.5 million litres of water, are also home to sharks and ocean turtles.
Sea Life Centres are a chain of commercial sealife-themed attractions. As of April 2017[update] there are 53 SEA LIFE attractions (including standalone SEA LIFE centres, mini SEA LIFE features within resort theme parks, and LEGOLAND submarine rides) around the world, with many more planned for the next 3-5 years. The chain is owned by the British company, Merlin Entertainments.
Sea Life Centres aim to combine modern display technology, biological expertise, and entertainment to provide themed journeys through European and tropical waters. This often provides close encounters with sealife, from shrimps and starfish seahorses, sharks and stingrays.
Sea Life Centres also claim to champion the cause of marine conservation through education, awareness and, wherever possible, direct action.
Sea Life Sanctuaries and Seal Sanctuaries operate from three centres in the United Kingdom as well as one location in Australia. The United Kingdom locations include the Cornish Seal Sanctuary in Gweek, Cornwall; the Hunstanton Sea Life Sanctuary in Norfolk; and the Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary at Oban.Manly Sea Life Sanctuary (formerly Oceanworld Manly) operates in Australia. The Hunstanton facility operates otter and penguin sanctuaries as well as a seal hospital.
Since 2001 all Sea Life Centre conservation, rescue, and campaigning work has come under the SOS scheme, an acronym for "Save Our Seas." SOS supports the work of wildlife charities and campaign groups including Greenpeace, the Worldwide Fund for Nature, the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society, and the British Divers Marine Life Rescue. Each centre also has a headline campaign which changes periodically. Past campaigns have advocated increased protection for loggerhead sea turtles, and restrictions on the practice of shark finning.
Centres are located in Germany at Berlin, Cuxhaven, Königswinter, Konstanz, Munich, Nuremberg, Speyer, Timmendorfer Strand, and Hanover. The largest Sea Life Centre of Germany is at the CentrO park in Oberhausen - it was the home of Paul, the psychic octopus who correctly predicted the German national football team's results at the world cup of 2010, until his death in October 2010.
- Birmingham - National Sea Life
- Blackpool - Sea Life
- Brighton - Sea Life (Sea Life Brighton is the oldest operating aquarium in the world)
- Great Yarmouth - Sea Life
- Gweek - Cornish Seal Sanctuary
- Hunstanton - Sea Life
- Loch Lomond - Loch Lomond Aquarium
- London - London Aquarium
- Manchester - Sea Life Trafford Centre
- Oban - Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary
- Scarborough - Sea Life Sanctuary
- Weymouth - Sea Life Adventure Park
A former site in St. Andrews has now been sold and is now running separately as "St. Andrews' Aquarium".
Sea Life Centres at resort theme parks:
- Alton Towers Resort - Sharkbait Reef by Sea Life
- Chessington World of Adventures - Chessington Sea Life Centre
- Legoland Windsor Resort - Atlantis Submarine Voyage
Other European Sea Life Centres are at Blankenberge, Belgium; Bray, Ireland; Helsinki, Finland; Val d'Europe, Paris, France; The Hague, Netherlands; Benalmádena, Spain; Porto, Portugal; and Castelnuovo del Garda (Gardaland) and Jesolo, Italy.
Centres are located at:
In November 2015, Merlin Entertainments announced that over the next 10 years it will be investing £50 million in India, some of which will be used to open Sea Life Centres. In January 2017, Merlin Entertainments Indian subsidiary stated that it was in discussion with real estate firms to open Sea Life Centres in multiple cities in India.
- "Seal Sanctuaries". visitsealife.com. Merlin Entertainments (Sea Life) Limited. Archived from the original on 16 August 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- Eriksson, Boel (28 August 2012). "Junior oceanologists start at Manly Sea Life Sanctuary". The Manly Daily. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Welcome to Hunstanton Sea Life Sanctuary". visitsealife.com. Merlin Entertainments (Sea Life) Limited. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "German 'psychic' octopus predicts victory for Spain". BBC News. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Locations". Merlin Entertainments. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Merlin Entertainments Group Announces $10 Million Sydney Aquarium Refurbishment". ausleisure.com.au. Australian Leisure Management. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Tasman-Jones, Jessica (17 March 2012). "Kelly Tarlton's set for $5.5m upgrade". stuff.co.nz. Fairfax New Zealand Limited. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Agarwal, Sapna (17 January 2017). "After Madame Tussauds, Merlin set to bring Legoland, Sea Life to India". http://www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 1 December 2017. External link in
|Resort theme parks|
|Sea Life locations|
|Wild Life locations|
Tree Top Adventures
|Legoland Tuen Mun|
|Theme Park Areas|